Senior Java Developer – Cloud Computing Services
Who are we
Ontotext received a couple of awards as the most innovative business in Bulgaria. We enjoy unique position providing state of the art semantic technology in two distinct but complementary areas – graph database engines and text analytics. Our solutions have been applied in the areas of publishing (BBC, Financial Times, Oxford University Press), life sciences (Astra Zeneca), cultural heritage (British Museum, Getty Trust), telecommunications (Korea Telecom), government organizations (UK Parliament) and others.
- Software development related activities (understanding requirements, participating in architectural discussions, software design, implementation, code reviews, unit and functional testing, benchmarking, bug fixing and documentation) for scalable data management and search systems deployed in the AWS cloud;
- Development and management sactivities related to provisioning and automating deployment of current Ontotext products and solutions on AWS Cloud Architecture;
- There is a possibility for participation in advanced research oriented projects in the area of metadata management, Open Data and Big Data.
- Sound experience with enterprise Java and some of the following technologies – Maven, JAX-RS, Tomcat, JUnit;
- A degree in information technologies or computer science;
- At least 5 years of professional experience with software development;
- Ability and aptitude to learn new technologies quickly, gain familiarity with new business domains, and read a lot;
- Very good command of English language.
- Good understanding of high-level design and modelling skills, experience with business analysis, writing specifications or design documents;
- Understanding of distributed systems, scalability and availability engineering;
- Practical experience with Cloud Computing related technologies (one of: AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, Open Stack, etc.);
- Good communicator;
- Interest in Artificial Intelligence related areas: text analysis, semantic technology.
- Exposure to leading edge technologies, international projects and collaborations;
- Collaboration with experienced and highly talented software developers;
- The chance to participate in the development and delivery of next generation database and search systems;
- Flexible working time with great opportunities for professional and academic development;
- Additional Health Insurance;
- Healthy work-life balance;
- Excellent remuneration and working conditions.
Interested? Send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Senior Java Developer – Cloud Computing Services.
If you don’t see a position that suits your skills, feel free to contact any of our offices and share your background, or send us an email
We are always looking for great people!