TripCom – Triple Space Communication.
Start 2006.04.01, Finish 2009.03.31
The project aims to:
- Improve Tuple Space technology by adding semantics and means to structure and relate tuples in a scalable and linkable Triple Space architecture
- Plan to improve Web service technologies by adopting the flexible and powerful asynchronous communication model of Tuple Space
TripCom is funded as a Specific Targeted Research Project under European Commission 6th FP with a budget around 3.7M euros. It started April 2006 with a 3 years duration. TripCom was coordinated by LFUI, Austria
Contact: Vassil Momtchev
The primary objective of Triple Space Communication (TripCom) is the development of a highly scalable,semantically enhanced communication infrastructure which is the result of the integration of Tuple Space, Semantic Web (triple), and Web service technologies. Based on Tuple Space Computing we will build an innovative architecture (called Triple Space) as a platform for application integration based on persistent publication. We define schemas (Ontologies) for predefined standards to enable smooth publication of data and process descriptions. TripCom will be based on Web protocols and Semantic Web technologies.
- Defining the architecture and interfaces for the core storage component of a TripCom environment
- Issues of representing semantic data models
- Semantically enabling retrieval of tuples