LarKC – The Large Knowledge Collider – a platform for massive distributed incomplete reasoning.
The driving vision behind LarKC is to go beyond the limited storage and inference solutions currently available for semantic computing.
Contact: Vassil Momtchev
- Enriching the current logic-based Semantic Web reasoning methods with methods from information retrieval, machine learning, information theory, databases, and probabilistic reasoning
- Employing cognitively inspired approaches and techniques such as spreading activation, focus of attention, reinforcement,etc
- Building a distributed reasoning platform and realizing it both on a high-performance computing cluster and via “computing at home”
LarKC is funded as an Information and Communication technologies Project under European Commission 7th FP with a budget around 7.3M euros. It started April 2008 and runs for 3 years. LarKC is coordinated by UIBK, Austria
- Semantic Integration for Early Clinical Development
- Definition and validation of goals and metrics for the LarKC platform