RENDER – Reflecting Knowledge Diversity
Start 2010.10.01, Finish 2013.09.30
RENDER aims to realize a world where information is acquired and shared in a fundamentally different manner than the consensual approach promoted by movements such as Web 2.0, and where communication and collaboration across the borders of social, cultural or professional communities are truly enabled via advanced Web technology, supporting one of the credos of European society: “United in diversity”.
RENDER is funded as an Information and Communication Technologies Project under European Commission 7th FP. It started on 1st October 2010 with a 3 years duration. RENDER was coordinated by Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany.
Contact: Maurice Grinberg
- Developing methods, techniques, software and data sets that will leverage diversity as a crucial source of innovation and creativity
- Providing enhanced support for feasibly managing data at very large scale
- Designing novel algorithms that reflect diversity in the ways information is selected, ranked, aggregated, presented and used
- Data collection and management
- Diversity mining
- Diversity representation and processing