Khresmoi – Knowledge Helper for Medical and Other Information users.
Start 2010.09.01, Finish 2014.08.31
Khresmoi will combine multiple data sources and knowledge derived from various heterogeneous knowledge sources. This includes text sources such as online journals and books, and trusted websites; and image sources, including images from journals and images from Picture Archiving and Communication Systems (PACS) at radiology departments.
Khresmoi is funded as an Information and Communication Technologies Project under European Commission 7th FP. It started on 1st September 2010 and with a 4 years duration. Khresmoi was coordinated by HES-SO, Switzerland.
Contact: Vassil Momtchev
The main project goals are:
- Effective automated information extraction from biomedical documents
- Automated analysis and indexing for medical images in 2D (X-Rays), 3D (MRI, CT), and 4D (fMRI)
- Linking information extracted from unstructured or semi-structured biomedical texts and images to structured information in knowledge bases
- Biomedical Knowledge Management Engine
- Large Scale Biomedical Text Mining and Search
- System Architecture and Integration