LDBC – The Linked Data Business Council
Start 2012.10.01, Finish 2015.03.30
The Linked Data Benchmark Council (LDBC) aims to establish industry cooperation between vendors of RDF and Graph database technologies in developing, endorsing, and publishing reliable and insightful benchmark results.
Contact: Atanas Kiryakov
The main objective of the Linked Data Benchmark Council (LDBC) is the development of benchmarks for different technology areas including core data management (query processing, query optimization, transactions), graph analysis, and data integration and reasoning. More specifically, LDBC aims to:
- Develop new benchmarks that will spur research & industry progress in large-scale graph and RDF data management. This includes setting challenges that will lead to significant progress in
- scalability, storage, indexing and query optimization techniques for RDF and graph database solutions beyond Terabyte scales;
- quantitatively and qualitatively assess different solutions for data integration;
- computationally cheaper reasoning in RDF database systems.
- Establish an industry-neutral entity (the LDBC foundation) for developing graph and RDF benchmarks, auditing benchmark results, and publishing audited results.
Ontotext is responsible for benchmark requirements and will put the majority of its effort in benchmark design for scalable reasoning, and full-text search / information retrieval. Ontotext will be also active in community building efforts regarding user involvement. It leads the TUC efforts regarding the RDF data management user community.